Sherrill-Kenwood Volunteer Fire Department
373 Sherrill Road, Sherrill, NY 13461
Phone: (315) 363-0530
Fax: (315) 363-1540
Professionals in service. Volunteers by choice.
The department is always looking for new members, especially junior members! If you’re interested in firefighting, EMS, or scene support and are 18 years or older for adult membership, or 16 years for junior, visit the fire station during Wednesday night drill starting at 6:50pm each week.
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors Save Lives- Make sure all your smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries are changed and change out detectors that are older that ten years old for new ones. These detectors provide your first notification of a fire or unsafe carbon monoxide levels in your home.
Safe Driving- Alcohol use impairs skills needed to drive a car safely. It slows reaction time and impairs judgment and coordination. Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 48 minutes. Don’t drink and drive, and don’t let others drink and drive.
Family Fire Safety Tips-
- Teach your kids how to respond in the event of a fire.
- Make sure young children know how to dial 911.
- Establish and practice a fire escape plan with your family thatincludes a designated meeting area outside the home.
- Practice stop, drop and roll with your children so they learn how to escape beneath a fire.
- Teach everyone multiple ways to escape from every room.
- Make sure that there enough smoke detectors in your home.
- Verify each month that smoke detectors are working.
- Make sure everyone knows how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Place lit candles where they can’t be reached by children.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Do not leave candles burning when you go to sleep.
- Don’t leave cooking food unattended on the stove.
- Keep everything flammable away from your stove.
- Make sure all flammable substances are properly stored in safe containers and out of reach of youngsters.
Meet the Department